Silchester Bath House 2018- Week 1
The first week of this excavation has uncovered some amazing archaeology. The targetted Bathhouse is survived by both architectural ruins and material culture such as:
- A latrine of standing walls, archways and plinths.
- A hypocaust system of structural walling and pilae tile stacks.
- A possible changing room and adjoining structural features (still to be identified).
- Tiles with kitten paw prints, shoe prints and deer hoof prints.
- Broken glass vials, pottery sherds and a possible bracelet.
And there are still 3 weeks of digging to go!
Watch this space for more photographs, information on open days and future finds!